The AEA N22 was designed with the singer-songwriter musician in mind.
Hard working artists that have honed their musical craft for years feel strongly about their personal tone, so they need a microphone that translates their signature sound in a recording.
The N22 delivers on exactly those key points - providing a great ribbon tone without the need for EQ in most applications.
Just like the RCA 44, the N22 was designed by listening first and measured only after experienced musicians and engineers confirmed that the microphone sounded great. Consequently, it is a professional tool that holds up to the highest standards of recording. Bridging the gap between vintage and modern, ribbon and condenser, studio and live, the N22 is the perfect companion for musicians and engineers alike.
- Specifically designed for singer-songwriters, musicians, and home studios
- Top end clarity of a condenser with a ribbon’s smoothness
- Custom German toroidal transformer for 12dB more gain
- Highly protected ribbon for close-up use and live use with minimal proximity effect
- Phantom powered electronics for optimal performance with any preamp