Building on the success of AEA’s acclaimed R84 ribbon microphone, Wes Dooley and AEA’s team of engineers set out to once again expand the sonic possibilities of ribbon microphones with the R92 model. Reduced proximity bass boost and excellent wind blast protection make it suitable for close miking of guitar and bass amps, drums, and vocals. At half the distance to the source, the R92 delivers a similar bass-to-treble balance as the R84. In addition, the integrated shockmount and swivel allow for easy setup and positioning in tight spaces. The smooth high frequency response of the R88 and R84 transducers has been further extended in the R92, making it a unique voice in the world of ribbon mics.
- Same Big Ribbon™, tuning, and transformer as the R44 series
- For closer applications and louder sources
- Compact design with different front and back tonality
- Versatile for close-up and ambient mic applications
- Particularly well suited for electric guitar, electric bass, and drums