Warm Audio WA 12 500 Series Vintage Mic PreAmp
"A lot of preamps on the market do a good job of raising the volume of mics and instruments. With modern technology/design many pres are doing only that, raising volume. The often proclaimed “Super clean” designs tend to leave the the signal exiting the preamp sounding much the same as it did entering it.
I personally like to use a preamp that makes my recordings sound different than they did entering the pre. I like preamps that shape my tone with warmth, character and vibe. If you are looking for a preamp to improve and shape your signal you will probably love the WA12. The WA12 is designed to transform plain instruments and vocals into exciting tone. If your mixes lack depth, struggle to sound alive, or are just missing that professional touch you’ve always wanted, there is a good chance you will love the WA12
When developing the WA12 my ears played a big part in the design process. I encourage you to listen to the sound samples with your ears :) and see what you think. People all over the world are loving it and I’m sure you will too. "
Bryce Young (Designer)
*71db of Gain
* CUSTOM DESIGNED Cinemag input & output transformers MADE IN THE USA! Cinemag transformers are used in high-end products like the Presonus ADL-600, A-Designs Pacifica, Universal Audio LA-610, & Fink Audio’s CS2-FA
* TONE button – switches the input impedance from 600 ohms to 150 ohms. Changes the tone of both the mic & HI-Z inputs
* Fully Discrete
* High voltage 1731 style operational amplifier
* 48 volt Phantom Power
* Mic level balanced input: XLR or 1/4" TRS
* Balanced outputs: XLR & 1/4" TRS
* 2 Meg Ohm True HI-Z input on front panel. Sends instrument signal through entire circuit including both Cinemag Transformers & the discrete operational amplifier. Great for guitars, bass, keyboards
* -20db pad
The WA12 challenges the $1,000 glass ceiling theory, many are enjoying it above $1k-$2k designs.